Thursday, January 20, 2011

Ahhhh - Sigh Of Relief

I think by the time we have reached our 50's we have all experienced many sigh of relief moments.
Those moments when we are worried about something and it all turns out fine.
Someone is late arriving home and we hear the key in the door
The medical tests that we had done all came back well

I sometimes wish I could bottle that wonderful feeling and keep it with me.

Most times the things we worry about turn out fine. Im not certain why I stress myself out by worry. Im guessing that it is just my nature.

I know I love the feeling of relief I get when it all works out fine. It gives me something to look forward to during the worrying phase.

I think we all need to experience a sigh of relief day once in a while. A day where we just put our worries to the side and feel that sense of Ahhhh....all is well today.

Perhaps we can stay in pajamas all day, perhaps we can have a nice hot cup of tea, read a book, take a bath, nap. Ahhhh - Sigh of Relief!!!

Our lives make it difficult to do this every day but if we can pencil in a day on our calendar, even if just once a month it may make the stressful days easier. Maybe we cannot do an entire day, perhaps half a day, perhaps a couple of hours, perhaps a couple of minutes.

I would love to hear your sigh of relief moments.
I would love to hear how you will spend your special relaxing time
I hope today you can find a moment for Ahhhh - Sigh Of Relief

7 comments:

  1. Gotta be first here! Good job girl! And for the record, reading your wonderful posts and comments and been my "relief" moments since I have known you! Love ya, keep up the excellent work here!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am a morning person, so I wake up some before anyone else in the house. Just enough to have a cup of coffee (set the night before!) and sit looking out my window. It is especially nice if I have remembered to fill the bird feeder. Just a few minutes of alone quiet time before the frenzy of the day is my moment of Ahhh!

    ReplyDelete
  3. join me tomorrow morning at 11:00 AM on blogtalk radio....my host name is donna marie ryan...
    hear my sigh of relief story and add suggestions and comments......lets keep the conversation going!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi,
    Just found your site! What a great idea. We women need to stick together at times like this.
    I happen to have a passion for fashion~
    and blog about it over @fabulousafter40.com
    Looking forward to chatting more with you all here too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Listening to "Ahhh - Sigh Of Relief Day" hosted by donna marie ryan on #BlogTalkRadio http://tobtr.com/s/1502160


    the show was so much fun this morning....thank you to everyone that listened. remember to send me your comments. I would love to hear them.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I made some wonderful friends on line....here is a quote from one of them. She is my friend from a wonderful menopause chatroom I found.....

    How fun to get to hear your voice! You know, you talk just like you write, and I enjoyed hearing the stories that I had read in your blogs. I thought you did a good job; you didn't sound nervous, and just kept chatting away, like you had been doing talk radio forever! How often do you think you will do a show? It sounds like you enjoyed doing it, and I hope you will be able to continue with it.

    By the way, we have the same middle name. And I also love the Bath & Body Works candles. They are the best! In fact, I have the Vanilla Bean Noel one burning right now. I bought some of the large, 3 wick ones when they were half price. I like the winter scents; I had the one that smelled like a pine tree, and I have some cinnamon and spice scents, too. I'm not much for the fruity spring scents, lol. I like their shower cream and body butter, too. Good stuff!

    Anyway, have fun with the show! love, gb

    ReplyDelete
  7. ANOTHER COMMENT FROM THE MENOPAUSE GROUP IM WITH...VERY NICE LADIES INDEED....

    Wow Donna, so impressed. I could never have done that. I can only put my thoughts down on paper.
    you sounded so confident and calming.
    I am so pleased that I had the opportunity to hear you speak.
    I hope you can make this a regular thing, you never know who will benefit from your experiences.

    Take care and hope to hear you again soon.

    Hugs and kisses,

    Deb x x x x

    ReplyDelete